We are very excited to welcome you back to Fittwell Centre as of Friday, February 12 at 10am.
All memberships that were active when we Closed our doors in November will be reactivated with the amount of time you had remaining. In order to keep moving forward as a business and to avoid confusion we will not be making any exceptions to reactivation dates. All memberships will resume on Friday, February 12/21.
If you received an expiry email during the lockdown please feel free to disregard it. Everyone’s active memberships have been set on hold during the entire time we have been shut down.
Please read over all required regulations below to ensure you are following protocols upon re-open:
– Signing in at the front desk with first and last name is required upon entering the facility
– Our capacity is 25% or 11 members at a time. We will not be requiring you to book an appointment to workout unless is becomes necessary. In order to avoid coming at a time when the gym is already at capacity, we ask that you avoid peak times. Peak times are: 12pm – 1pm & 4pm – 6pm
– Please come ready to workout with everything on that you need and leave anything you do not need in your vehicle or at home. We understand that it is very cold outside so please do your best to come with minimal extras so we can avoid patrons lingering in the change rooms. No showering in the facility will be permitted and we also ask that you take your gym shoes home with you when you’re done exercising
– All Staff and Patrons must wear a mask at All times
– Members and staff must stay 6 feet apart
– Workout stations for weight machines will be marked off on the floor with green tape, Cardio will be marked off with signs. Only one member is allowed in a station at a time and you must only use one station at a time (no supersetting between multiple stations)
– Please clean your station when you are done using it. Sanitizers and cloths will be available as usual
- 24 Hour Access will be available to qualifying members
No Group Fitness Classes
We are not able to offer group fitness classes at this time. As restrictions loosen we hope to be able to bring them back soon
We will be continuing to rent out some of our stationary spin bikes until group classes can resume. If you would like to rent a bike please contact us for more info.
We cannot wait to have you back! If you have questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com. Be patient with reply’s as we are working very hard to make sure everything is ready for your return.
We are hopeful that you are all doing well and staying healthy.
We wanted to let everyone know that we are not one of businesses eligible for reopen Monday, May 4. However, we are happy to announce that during this time we will making sure to get a few things updated before our valued members return.
– We are still renting out our professional spin bikes as well as sets of dumbbells. If you are interested please let us know and we can check our available stock and arrange a time for pick up.
– We will be doing a few repairs and re upholstery on some equipment
– The entire facility will be receiving a deep clean by one of our local professional cleaners
– We have plans to set up a huge variety of online fitness classes through Fitness On Demand. It is an app that can be downloaded on your phone or other devices. We will be offering this at discount cost to anyone who was an active member with us when we shut down (March 20.) We will also offer a very reasonable price to those who were not members but would like an amazing variety of workouts they can do at home which are guided by some world famous fitness trainers including Jillian Michaels.
We will have exact price details for you as soon as possible. We are working hard to get this up and running as we plan to continue this as an option for members and non-members even after reopening.
We continue to plan for our future behind the scenes so that you can return to Fittwell Centre feeling confident about us as your gym.
September Membership Special Is On Now!!
Receive: 3 Months Membership for $120
-Free 24 Hour Access
-$5 Fittbucks Coupon to use towards discounting future memberships or Supplements
-Access To A Variety of Fitness Classes
Valid until September 30
Buddy Plan is now $85 for 1 month for 2 people!
Having strong gluteus muscles are important for your body’s overall strength including stabilizing your core muscles and knees. Strong Glutes also prevent muscle imbalances which can impair mobility.
For many individuals glute muscles remain “inactive.” This means the muscles are weak and your body is relying on other parts to take over physical movements.
Performing Glute activation exercises before exercising (especially on a leg focused workout) helps “wake up” the muscles so you can then begin to strengthen them properly and avoid having other potentially stronger muscles take over your movements.
Exercises to try on your own to activate glutes:
Side Donkey Kicks: Down on hands lining hands up under shoulders and knees under hips, extend one leg straight out beside you. Working with your body’s natural range of motion, lift your leg up then slowly lower back down to floor before repeating the movement. Perform 3 sets at 10-15 reps per side.
Bent Knee Donkey Kick: Down on hands lining hands up under shoulders and knees under hips, keep knee bent and flex your foot, lift your knee to hip level. Lower knee back down and repeat the movement. Perform 3 sets at 10-15 reps per side.
Hip Thrust: Lie on your back and line your feet up under knees. Keeping shoulders and feet against floor press your hips up (raising hips as evenly as you can.) Squeeze your butt gently at the top of the movement. Lower hips back down slowly and as evenly as possible. Perform 3 sets at 10-15 reps per side.
Try these exercises before your next leg work out and optimize the results of the one of the most critical muscle groups in your body.
Summer Membership Special On NOW!
Get 2 Months For Only $84 and Receive a Free Infuser Bottle!
Special is on From June 1st- June 30th
Zumba will be Cancelled tonight due to weather. If you are signed up for this week you will remain on the list for next week.
We have a Free PIYO class tonight at 7pm-8pm!
Everyone is welcome! Come down and check out this unique and fun fusion of Yoga and Pilates.