All Classes are Free with membership. Drop-in and class passes available to Non-members
Get one of our Great membership deals on 3, 6, 0r 12 months. Each purchase cones with your choice of one of our incredible gifts: Tank tops, toques, resistance band set or shaker cup.
We also have a special Christmas Eve Spin Class On Friday, December 24th at 10am – 11am. This class is FREE for everyone. We have limited spots so make sure to call us to reserve your spot.
This December all group fitness classes are FREE with membership!
Drop-ins and class pass options are still available as well
Coming up this November we have a 6-week challenge!
You have option of doing 1, 2 or all 3 challenges. This is a great opportunity to get motivated and out of any fitness slump you may be experiencing.
Be your own competition and get a chance to win one of our amazing prize packages with gifts from: Shear Bliss Salon and Day Spa, Floral Scents and Pure Anada Natural Cosmetics. We also have prize packs with Fittwell gear and membership. There’s a little something anyone would enjoy.
Challenge Officially Starts November 8 but we accept early registration and start time.
We will have 3 options including:
This Challenge is for participants wishing to work on improving their strength, endurance or overall fitness level.
The challenge is tracked using our Fittwell Fitness Test:
– Push-ups – Max performed in 2 minutes or less (measures overall strength with focus on upper body)
– Burpee’s – Max performed in 3 minutes or less (measures anaerobic capacity and functional strength)
– Dead Hang (measures grip strength)
– Jacobs Ladder (measures aerobic capacity)
– Bicep Curls (measures arm strength and endurance)
– Participants Choice (you choose any exercise you’d like to test and improve)
At the end of the challenge, we use a percentage of change calculation to determine strength and endurance improvements
This Challenge is for participants wishing to be accountable for working out consistently and being a part of our Fittwell Community.
Your workouts are tracked with a sign in sheet at the front desk and you can earn extra points for tagging us on social media. The more you workout at Fittwell and tag us in posts the better chance you have of taking home one of our awesome prizes!
Extra Points for bringing friends for drop-ins or membership.
This Challenge is for participants wishing to work on body composition change or overall fat loss.
The challenge is tracked using body measurements. Participants get to choose which of our suggested areas they are comfortable tracking.
At the end of the challenge, we use a percentage of change calculation to determine weight loss and body composition change
September Membership & Training Deals Are Here!
Get 4 – 6 Weeks FREE!!
Buy 6 months get 4 weeks FREE Buy 12 Months get 6 weeks FREE
Personal Training Special:
-3 One on One Personal Training Sessions + Program Development
-4 Weeks Access to Everfit Online Training App with Coach Accountability
Get 4 additional weeks of FREE Everfit Online Training
- We have received confirmation from the local Covid Inspector as well as the Manitoba Fitness Council that we are allowed to remove our masks while exercising. We ask that you please keep your mask on while moving around the facility. Once you are at your destination and exercising you may remove it. This is good news in regards to masks and we hope it will help you to have a positive exercise experience.
- We ask that you confirm your vaccination status with us before Friday, September 3 to avoid any disruption to your 24 hour access. To get us your Vaccination QR code you may take a screenshot of it and email it to Candice at email@example.com or come in during our open hours to show us so we can make note on your membership account.
We continue to do everything that we can to follow the mandates put in place. It’s important to us to offer an honest establishment in our community. Some of these restrictions are very difficult to accept and enforce so we appreciate your patience and patronage through this difficult situation.
We are so excited to announce that as of Saturday, August 7 at 12:01am all restrictions for gyms have been lifted!!!!This means that as of Saturday:
– Masks will be optional. If you feel more comfortable continuing to wear a mask then we invite you to do so
– You are no longer required to stay 9 feet away from other members but we ask that keep a respectable distance from other members
– Capacity limit is lifted
– Marked off stations will be removed and superset restrictions will be lifted (please still remain respectful of other members working out and needing equipment)
-We will be working on reintroducing group fitness classes indoors- Give us a little bit of time but we will also be brining the kids room back very soon. This way parents without childcare can bring children with them to play in the kids room while they workout ( you are still responsible for watching your own child)
-Showers will be back available to use for members
Please bear with us until Saturday and continue to follow all current protocols until then. We can’t wait to start getting back to the way we are used to having our gym.
We are very excited to announce that we are Open as of June 26, 2021.
We continue to keep a clean, sanitary and safe environment for all of our patrons.
We Can’t wait to see you!
24 Hour access is available to all qualifying members.
We are still required to wear masks at all times. We must stay 9 feet apart while exercising and our capacity limit is 11.
We are back in lockdown for round 3. To comply with requirements we will be putting everyone’s memberships on hold starting Sunday, May 9, 2021. 24 hour access will be shutdown at this time.
It is our mission to keep you fit and healthy during this upcoming lockdown so we will again be offing equipment rental starting immediately.
You can rent: Stationary bikes (must load and transport yourself), benches, dumbbells, bars, plates, step’s/ risers and mats. This will be on a first come first serve basis. If you would like a quote on equipment to rent please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will offer curb side pickup of this equipment throughout the lockdown but you must make arrangements with Candice for specific pick up and drop off times.
Thank you for being a part of the Fittwell team and we look forward to seeing you again when it is safe to do so.
Candice BoneFittwell Centre
Everyone has a very personal relationship with food. No matter how you feel about food, you have to have it to be healthy, to move your body, to use your mind and simply to live. Everyone’s relationship in regards to food is different. Some have a very good and comfortable relationship with eating and on the other end of the spectrum some have a very dangerous and down right destructive relationship with it.
Around every corner is a new fad or eating plan with advertisements that assure you that “This is the one that will work for you” and it will work for whatever your goal is! The “diet” industry often takes a “one size fits all” or, a general plan “works for most” sort of approach. This is for a variety of reasons, the least appealing being that if they can make one plan with a few variations then they can make more money off of you. You can be shoved into this box with the rest of them and then nothing has to actually be personalized and that company rakes in the dough because they didn’t put in the extra work to make it work for you as an individual.
If you’ve ever tried one of these plans or signed up for a program like this you very possibly found that:
– It didn’t work for you long term, if at all
– You felt guilty when you weren’t able to follow this plan or ate something that was not in the plan
– You felt deprived because foods you love are excluded-Your grocery budget went sky high trying to obtain all these foods that are not a staple in your regular grocery trip- You didn’t enjoy the foods that were given to you
– You followed the plan during the week but the weekend became a free for all because you’re craving everything under the sun, you eat everything you’re not “allowed” to and now you’re literally stuck in a cycle of disordered eating – binge, deprive, binge, deprive…
– You exercised to compensate for the food you “shouldn’t” have eaten- You couldn’t keep up with constantly tracking every tiny thing you put in your mouth for months on end
(On the contrary, if you experienced none of these things and enjoy your eating plan, then awesome! Keep going!)
I strongly believe that no matter how you try to change the way you eat it is always personal! It can be emotional, it can be comforting, social and should be enjoyable. No matter what we try, these parts of it will always come into play and they need to be considered. There should never be a food item that is “off limits,” rather if you have a favorite food, it should be strategically fit into how you eat so that you feel satisfied and maintain a positive relationship with that favorite item.
The foods you like to buy and can afford to buy should always be considered and worked with when you’re trying to make changes. Changes should be strategic and maintainable.
I’d love to send you away from this and give you some sort of industry secret that you may have hoped to find but I don’t do “one size fits all” and it should be no secret that most of us need to try and eat healthier while simultaneously enjoying our food and including the foods we love.
This is why I offer something different. If someone comes to me and asks me what they can do to eat better, lose weight, gain muscle, get healthier or improve their relationship with food, I will give the very best personalized advice that I can in that moment or I recommend a nutrition session with myself. This gives me the opportunity to assess everything you enjoy and your feelings behind the choices you make so we can work with it and put together an action plan that fits into your daily life. The amount of food you need is different from someone else, your favorite foods are individual, your budget is individual and your feelings about it are personal and important.
You’re an individual and you may need to try a few different approaches before you find a strategy that works for you. Nutrition can feel a bit complicated with all the information available out there. If you’re looking for a personalized, realistic and long term plan our professional Fittwell Nutrition Specialist is here to help whenever you need.
( feel like we I created the new version of the “woman smiling with salad” stock photo here with my cheese string )